Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

DIY Ruffled Sock




I made these this morning. I love ruffles so I absolutely had to make myself a pair of ruffled socks. I used to wear them when I was younger so I never noticed that it is impossible to find them for adults (for a reasonable price)........

I bought these socks at Wal-Mart for $1 a piece. The lace is from Joann Fabric Store and it was $2.50 a yard.

You will need about 1 yard of lace for 1 pair of socks.

1) Mark where you want both sides of the lace to meet up. I marked the inside of the sock because I did not want my seams to be visible.


2) Now turn your sock inside out and stretch it over the sewing machine. Overlap the edge of the sock and the sewn edge of your lace together. Drop your foot and sew all the way around the edge of the sock until you reconnect the lace together




Now you just cut off the extra lace and turn your sock right side out again.

VOILA!



No comments:

Post a Comment